Welcome to our Online Safety page.
We hope you will find the information and links to safety sites on this page useful, interesting and informative.
At Meltham Moor Primary School online safety for all staff and children is of paramount importance. Each member of staff is made aware of the ICT, Online Safety and Internet Use Policies.
During this school year we will be holding 2 Online Safety days/evenings for children/parents and members of staff. As well as this we shall also hold our usual SID (safer internet day) which will take place in annually in February. Regular reminders are also given to children about how to stay safe on the internet whether in class when using the iPads or during their computing lessons.
Hints and tips:
We take Online Safety very seriously at Meltham Moor Primary, so here are a few hints and tips for you to be aware of when children and young people in your care are using technology:
All ISP's (Internet Service Providers) e.g. BT, Virgin, Sky etc. now provide new customers with internet access which has built in parental controls. However parental controls can be easily accessed from your provider (see below for links to more information).
These are the most important points that the children are taught with regard to Online Safety.
- Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
- Never give out your passwords
- Don’t befriend people you don’t know
- Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
- Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
- Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Online Safety Links for Parents/Guardians
Click on the links below to find out more about setting parental controls
Click on the links below to find more information for parents about Online Safety
Click on the links below to find more information for children about Online Safety